Click to Home

Go To Search
Who Needs A Permit?
Any activity or operation which emits contaminants into the outside air may require an air pollution permit. The type of permit required is dependent on the type and amount of pollutants emitted. Rule 62-210, F.A.C. has a specific list of activities, which are exempt from air permitting.

The rules under 62-4.040, F.A.C. also allow for exemptions if EPC determines that an activity represents an insignificant source of emissions. Exemptions are based on the amount and type of emissions and any applicable emissions standards.

Common Air Contaminants & Sources
  • Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) - Printing, painting, fuel or chemical storage or distribution, plastics extrusion, adhesives, recycling, etc.
  • Particulate Matter Emissions (PM) - Storage silos, material handling, grit blasting, combustion boilers, manufacturing, mining, etc.
  • Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) - Painting, printing adhesives, lead-acid battery handlers, incinerators, etc.
  • Sulfur Oxides (SOx) - Power plants, combustion boilers, etc.